Monday, April 20, 2009

Well, we're apparently all on the same page...

I spent a big chunk of Saturday wandering around East Cleveland with my mom. (The Magnolias were blooming, and it was gorgeous! We hung out at the art museum, ate Thai food, and went shop hopping in Coventry... wish every day could be like that.) My mom has been giving me a lot of pep talks lately... not really sure why. She keeps going off on these rants about how wonderful and talented I am and how I am just who any employer worth their salt would for sure want to hire, etc. And it's not that I don't love the affirmation, but honestly, it puts me in this mode where I just want to charge in and take over the professional world and ace all of my classes and have success in every earthly sense of the word. And then I settle down my brain and realize that that is not what I want!
I want more than anything to find the niche that God has for me, and I'm sure there is one. I think I mentioned to each of you how I was on this web site that matches people up with different missions organizations that fit their skills and interests. Well, I've been getting a pretty much constant stream of contact from different organizations and it's been a great reminder that a) There is a need for missionaries everywhere on the planet, and b) I don't have to, and shouldn't forsake my skills to be one of them. The latter of these might seem obvious, but honestly, it's a new realization. I kind of thought that when you become a missionary you just proverbially pick up a hammer and start building, no matter what training you already have. False. If anything, from all of the responses I have gotten, I have learned that God wants me to use my gifts (imagine that!) to further his kingdom. This means that I can write for His glory, and talk to people for His glory, and heck, sing for His glory! And none of it will be perfect, but God can use it and He will!
It's been rough, but I'm really trying to shine light on every dark corner of my life, because it's no good trying to be a light if you're just sort of flickering on and off in a corner somewhere. As my school work [finally] is starting to lessen in quantity, I am just praying that God will fill me, because I am running on fumes here.
Else, thanks for the reminder that the Word is a weapon. My current religion class almost had me thinking that my logic is a weapon that can break down the Word-- I needed to be reminded that God's word stands no matter what around it crumbles.
To all of you, I think we need to try not to beat ourselves up too much. (I'm guilty of this too... I'm my own worst critic.) But we need to remember that as much as God wants to search us and blot out any sin, blotting out takes time, and in the mean time, we need to move forward and not dwell on our mistakes, otherwise they may start to control us, which I think is what we're trying to escape in the first place.
I love you ladies, and I'll talk to all of you soon!

~Kat[i]e

No comments: