Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We wait for the rain, and the promise remains.

So, if you recall, I decided to make sure to give myself time in the next several weeks to do something simply for the enjoyment of it. Hopefully this will lift my spirits.
Yesterday, I managed to find a few things to do. I spent the morning painting and listening to the new CD by Josh Garrels (Check out his song Jacaranda Tree... I'm a little obsessed.)

And then at dinner, my friend Yayoi asked my other friend Andrea and I if we wanted to learn how to make origami cranes, which is something I've always wanted to be able to do, but have never been successful at. I said, "I don't think I can... my fingers are probably too big or something." She looked at my fingers and said simply, "No. I don't think so." So we spent probably an hour drinking tea & making cranes; each of us made 2. Now that I've got the hang of it, I think it's pretty therapeutic... and it's really fulfilling to finish one :) (I named my cranes Leila and Stewart. They are the last picture here.)






Also, I filled in my little whiteboard calendar a few days ago. It's a six week calendar. And leaving for Rome gets to be on there.... AHHH!!! I can't believe that in less than a month and a half, I will be across the Atlantic Ocean!!! It's seriously so surreal.


I also want to say how much I've loved having this blog... It is so nice to feel like I know what is going on in each of your lives, and reading your posts helps me to know how to pray for you, and it helps me feel like there aren't so many miles between us, which is something I haven't really felt in a while. I miss you ladies! Baccione! (Big Kisses)

~Kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I am a big fan of your bright blue nail polish. Also, thanks for posting this. I need reminders to chill out :)