Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Truth

Helllooo ladies! Well, as weird as it sounds...school has been getting increasingly better for me as this last bit of time dwindles down. I figure a lot of factors have been contributing to this; for one, the weather. It's been awesome! Also, simply the fact that I have such fun things to look forward to that are quickly approaching! You girls all coming home..Mexico..(even though I may catch the swine), and..yea! ; )

Oh, so today Katie and I met at this..Faux..woodstock thing at our school. We soon realized that the guy and girl rapping were christian rappers. It was odd..but we kept listening and tried not to get tooo thrown off since this chicks outfit was a liiitle out there. So I'm standing there listening to there kind of corny lyrics..and looking around at everyone's faces as the stare in awe (the bad kind), and I thought to myself...what do people really think Christians are? I mean, dont answer..there are many possible responses..but..i just thought..I dont want to be like that. ha. I want people to know that I am...not a christian, but a follower of God. And in the midst of all of that commotion I saw the blunt difference. I am really hoping that this summer God will just grow me more into the person he's created me to be. Not into a "better christian" (which I'm not gonna lie...sometimes is my mentality), but a better creation. I feel like that is why I've been struggling through the years with why I wasn't very happy following Christ. I wasn't happy, because God doesn't want someone to pretend with all of their might that they know what they are doing, or know all about the bible. He doesn't want someone to show their church what a "good person" they can be. God wants us to fight for His truth, to not settle, and to be nothing less than the deeply unique person He has formed us to be in order to accomplish His perfect will while we are here one earth.

So girls, this summer I am making a personal goal to listen to God. Not just talk at him (that's what I usually do when I pray), a conversation with the Lord should be like any other conversation we have. You speak, you share, you listen. However, I truly want to take in his word...His truth...and apply it in His perfectly designed way for me, using the many gifts and abilities He has blessed me with. So, I cannot wait to see what amazing things God has in store for not only me, but for all of us.

I love you all truly and hold you deep in my heart,

Hannah Grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah Grace, what a refresher. I confess I practically always think in terms of being a "better Christian" and have really never thought of it as being a better creation. That makes so much more sense. That's so much more in tune with what God wants for us. Thanks for sharing your insight, sister, I needed it. Love you!