Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thoughts from The Selfish One

Dear Beady[s],
I'm just going to write a quick blog to share with you what is on my mind today. Basically, I had a realization last night that is simple, old, but essential for me to keep in mind. I am a selfish person. I don't just mean that in the typical "yeah, mankind is sinful and inherently selfish" way; but specifically, me - Heather, I am a selfish person. In fact, I think selfishness is the sin that I struggle with the most. I've been aware of this fact for at least the past 6 years, but every once in awhile (like last night), I need to be reminded of it. This selfishness affects not only my thoughts, but my actions, my relationships, and other sins with which I struggle. I came to this conclusion by also realizing that this past week I have been indulging in my loneliness and depressed feelings. I have just sat by and allowed the feelings to take over, and then I throw myself a pity party and expect others to attend. A lot of this goes on only in my mind, but still, it is sinful and wrong. I know that the condition of my spiritual life is correlated with all other areas of my life, but it is so easy to forget that! My feelings this past week were definitely a reflection of my relationship with God during that time ---> poor. However, I think God finally got through to me during my devotions last night. A little slap on the side of the head is always good for growth. Well, I guess that is all I have to share for now.

I hope you each had a refreshing weekend and are ready to face another Monday! I love you all.
Your sister,
Heather Grace

No comments: