Friday, April 17, 2009

"Oh the glory that the Lord has made and the complications you could do without..."

Oh my. Lisey, I am watching the Gem Sweater video right now, and I honestly don't know if I've ever seen anything so innocent that made me feel so violated! Is that girl supposed to be actually singing the song? Or is this some popular 80's hit that I totally missed the boat on? Haha, either way - thank you for sharing.

I apologize, ladies, for waiting so long to update this blog. It's been awhile since I had the time to just sit down and breathe, let alone write down my thoughts. But FINALLY it is Friday and my hell week is over! I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure my professors sat down together and decided to overwhelm me all at once after 9 weeks of ease. But I don't want to complain, because here I am all in one piece on a beautiful 70 degree Friday afternoon. :)

Aside from my workload, something else has been going on inside me lately. Friends, I think I am getting depressed again. It's not just a little sadness that happens from time to time, but it's this overwhelming feeling of loneliness, sadness, and lack of motivation that makes it hard to get excited about anything. All I want to do is lie in bed and sleep, and not just because I am tired. No, in truth, I want to lie in bed and just be held. Is that too honest for me to write on a public blog? Well, it's the truth either way. I think maybe I am feeling the more negative effects of breaking up. I miss being held, that feeling of comfort, and the knowledge that someone loves me and wants to be with me. I guess I'm just at a place of total vulnerability right now. I miss the companionship of guys (I don't have many guy friends here), and I'm struggling to find a way to remedy that.

Oh and another thing, I have this impossible [new] crush (and it's not who you may be thinking). I think that may be making my loneliness worse - knowing that nothing can happen with him. It's strange though, because he is exactly the kind of man I would want to be with. But seriously, I KNOW that there is no future with him, and I guess that makes me sad. I really want to snap out of this bought of depression, especially since it is finally turning into spring! Maybe I should go to the counseling center. Meh, what do you girls think?

Also, I'm REALLY getting the urge to travel. Like I'm about ready to buy plane tickets to a random European country just to experience something new. Any suggestions? :)

Se amo mucho, mis hermanas! Espero que se vea pronto! (I hope that I see you soon!)
Heather Grace

No comments: