Monday, April 6, 2009

And this too shall be made right

So, I recently came to this realization about myself. I realized that I am constantly looking ahead, and very rarely do I live in the present. (I shouldn't take full credit for this realization. I was talking to someone about the Meyers-Briggs recently, and she grew up with a mom who was a counselor, and so she knew exactly what I meant when I said I was an ENFP/J, and she said, "That explains a lot." And she proceeded to ask me some questions that led me to this conclusion.) I've probably been doing this my whole life. But lately it manifests itself in my desire to be away from Viking Hall. I want nothing more than to be done with this semester, and yes, go to Italy, and then live at home. I honestly never thought I'd get to this point, where I wanted to move back in with my parents, but lately, being at home is one of the only things that recharges me. And I'm pretty sure that once I've been at home for a while, I'll get sick of that too, and want nothing more than to leave and go to the mission field. I'm convinced I get this from my mom, who has had more careers than anyone I know. I think the reason I'm like this is because I am constantly reevaluating my life, and figuring out how I can make it better. (side note: Else, you do this too... which explains you last 2 posts...) And usually my solution for making it better is to make some drastic change, like moving, or switching jobs. My goal, my Easter resolution, if you will, is to do one thing every week until the end of the school year that helps me to enjoy the here and now. This should be manageable, since there are only six weeks left!

Elsebeth, I am so glad you are starting to share your music! Who knows how God will use it and you, but I know he already has (think LRA...).

Heathie, I'm praying for your family every day... Sandy said at church that Bethany and Jordan were coming over for dinner, or having Sandy and Steve over, or something, and I thought it sounded like a step in the right direction :)

Hanner, I'm sorry there's no whale farm, sort of.

Much love :)

No comments: