Monday, April 6, 2009

Just another long-winded post from Miss Disobedient

Hi girls, I hope I find you all well. Heather, I'm glad I could be a destressor to you. I wasn't certain I would be, what with the acid trip musical and the 90 trips down Monroe street in GR. How are you two doing, Kate and Hannah Grace? 

Do any of you feel like you're just about ready to give up on college? Man, this week is going to be nuts for me. So much work and so little time to do it, especially with all the choir activities we have set up revolving around Maundy Thursday (apparently this holiday exists--who's Maundy?) and Good Friday (a celebration about which there is nothing particularly 'good' so much as necessary--I suppose 'Necessary Friday' or 'Crucifixion Day' or 'HEY! Jesus died for you! Day' are not really so calendar friendly). There's so much to do that I'm finding it pretty easy to focus on school and not on Easter--or better yet, Jesus. (Why is it that Christ is always the first thing to go when scheduling becomes crowded?) My mom of course called to remind me that I should share 'Glory to the Lamb' (the song I wrote for Good Friday last year) with people on campus, but I don't know that I have a forum to do that. That leads me to another thing though...

I think God is trying to tell me something about my music (I'm smirking as I'm typing this because I know he's been nudging me for over a year and I just keep ignoring it 'til times like now). This past week, my Old Testament class went over Joshua and Judges, my teacher pressing over and over how we had to use the gifts God's given us for his glory and how they weren't meant for us to just sit on or use for ourselves. Also last week, Matt asked me if I'd been writing at all, which he hardly ever asks. Over the weekend, Heather, you asked me what I was doing with my music and told me to get my butt in gear. And then last night, my mom said "Elisa, people really need to hear this" and kept asking what I was waiting for and saying how Sara Groves told me that she always at least had a CD available just in case she met someone. I keep coming up with excuses not to record or not to make myself known, and frankly I'm not sure why, but I'd say God's making himself a little clearer. Since I haven't been hearing from the Lord lately, I just wrote a song about waiting on God. In reality, he's probably the one waiting on me. Perhaps he's the one singing "It seems like years since we laughed/ and I'm sure it's been days since I heard your voice/ and the pain and the hurt of missing you/ come tumbling down on my back/ So I will wait for you/ I'll wait..." 

Pray God would keep nudging me--punching me if he has to--'til I'm finally obedient. If you guys could hold me accountable to that, it'd be much appreciated. I literally just shared my music for the first time with anyone at school. I love you girls so much and am sincerely discovering more each day just how incredibly blessed I am to have three best friends that love the Lord and stand firm in their faith. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I'm trying to figure out this comment stuff