Friday, July 17, 2009

when rain gives way to rainbows

So I have a feeling this will be a typical rambling message from Elisa. Pre-scipt apology starts now: sorry. :)

Well girls, it has been an interesting first two weeks here at Cedar Campus. God has been challenging me on a daily basis, overwhelming me (ok, some of that is self-induced), cooling me off, taking care of me when I don't even ask--I suppose some pretty basic characteristics of his that I just don't notice very often. I've been very emotional this week and God cleared it all up just in time last night. I finally got a chance to just emoti-vomit all over my family group leader which totally cleared my head. I was just thankful at first that I was feeling better, but soon realized that God did that so he could lay someone else on my heart. One person in particular, who I haven't even seen for a couple years, was burning in my mind and I spent over in hour in prayer for him. Every time I tried to stop, I felt God pushing me to keep going. Today I found out there are some really significant challenges going on in his life. I don't know if last night was a particularly hard night in the midst of all of it or not, but I just rejoice in God's goodness and pressure for me not to give up on this guy, not to give up on God and to trust that, though I don't understand it, the mystery between our prayers and events is profoundly and powerfully used by the Lord.

Other than that, I have been increasingly convicted to be open to new ways of doing things in Christian circles and the importance of evangelism in the Christian life. I have been insanely convicted/motivated about what a huge responsibility my Christian school has in the world. So watch out, because I'm ready to make some changes at Cornerstone this year! I'll have a thousand things to tell you all (and even challeng you with) when I get home! :)

We're doing outreach at Macinac Island on Monday. I'm in the "arts" group and we're performing the Lifehouse "Everything" skit and I'll be playing the main girl. I'm actually really excited slash am pretty sure I'm going to cry while we're doing it -- partially because it's so powerful and partially because it hurts when they throw me down on the ground. If you think of it, pray for us on Monday. I'm not altogether comfortable with "this type" of evangelism and need to be a bit more open. Most of the day it sounds like we'll be doing what Kate was doing in Rome; just asking people what they're views are on spirituality and Christianity and that kind of thing. It's encouraging that one of the staff members here came to faith through this type of ministry.

Kat-E-lizabeth, welcome home!! I hope we can talk soon. Man, the four of us need to all be together soon! Hannah Grace, I hope you're almost healed of your insane, at least 2nd degree sunburn. That sounds no fun at all. Heather Grace, I miss you loads and will hopefully talk to you again soon. To all of my beady beady sisters, I'm praying for you and long to be with you all soon. God has been so good to us, hasn't he?

No comments: