Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Am Tibby, Nice to Meet You

Hey girls!! I miss you all sooo much, and hope you're all doing well. Alright, well as I think at least a couple of you know, we are done with our summer tours. I wasn't really sure how to react to this. Should I be annoyed that I wasn't able to hangout with any more awesome High School students? Should I want to come home now? Well so far since our last group left I've been asking myself how God has been using me and what his purpose was for me this summer. Seeing as how this summer has been dramatically different than last, I've been unsure of God was going to work in me while I'm here/felt like there was something more I should be doing. Well, God basically blew away all of my doubt and regret a couple nights ago, ha. Like Heather, I've found myself in the middle of many discussions of the future while here. For some reason though I never spoke or jumped into any of them, I always just wanted to listen because frankly...I had no idea. Yes, God has for sure called me into missions, but that could literally mean anything! I think ever since I heard from God so strongly while hear on as short timer, I've had this idea in my head of what "missions" means. And the other night I realized that I was completely mistaken. Yes, there are missionaries who live in some remote area of the world and translate bibles, or even build churches. The other night however, it was as if God linked together every chain in my life to give me the answer. Like all of a sudden these puzzle pieces of what make up ME, just popped into place to show me God's greater picture. It made me excited! I was like... well duhh! How did I not see this before? I mean, I was still a little discouraged because that wasn't my original idea of "missions", but after talking to the other interns and one of the missionaries about it, they really encouraged me to step out of the box that I've put my future into. I know...you are probably like..wellll? What the krunk is it??!! Maybe you're not, ha, idk. Well, you're just gonna have to wait and talk to me in person. Sorrry. Let's just say...you will REALLY be calling me tibby. lol.
So, please be praying that I continue to pray and listen to God about what I feel like He's placed before me. I can't wait to spend time with the three of you again, and praise God for you everyday.

In His Truth,
Hannah Grace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bahhh! Hannah! Tell me!
I feel a little like you did before, so I want to know the outcome!
I'm so excited that God is revealing himself to you in big awesome ways.... really, what other way is there for God to reveal himself to us??
I love you Hannah Grace! I'm tempted to order you to come home, but since that is impossible, I'll say just make the best of the rest of your time there, and I can't wait to see you... in like 3 weeks!

Unknown said...

Twin, it was wonderful to talk to you the other day! I'm so happy to hear about what God has been showing you this summer. Keep that box of ideas open, because you never know what He has in store! I love you, Tibby!