Saturday, July 11, 2009

To my loves,

Hola chicas!! Sorry I haven't been writing a lot recently well... / the whole summer so far. I guess I just have to be in the blogging mood as it turns out. : ) I've been trying not to miss you guys so much but alas, I've failed. I cannot wait to see all of you (even though I think my twin will already be back at school upon my arrival). 
On sunday our next/ last group of the summer will be here. This tour will consist of two different groups actually. One from Pennsylvania, and the other from Minnesota. It's really weird that it will be the end of our summer tours! Stinkin swine flu. Anyway, we're not really sure what our site director has planned for us after they leave. We keep hearing different things, but that hasn't really narrowed it down for us, ha. Right now we are in between groups, so the other interns and I have just been chillin. Reading a lot, sleeping, writing, watching movies on the roof, eating food (of course). That's basically all you CAN do after the end of a tour. It feels like your entire body is just like..okk!..when can I shut dowwnn?! You're so physically, and sometimes emotionally, exhausted that you just go into chill mode. It's been good though because it's given me a lot of time to be in prayer and to just think in general. God has been speaking volumes to me which has been a huge blessing, and not only that...but I am actually OK with what he's been telling me! Usually I'm like..really?...but I want it to go this way. Well, not this time. So that has been awesome. 
I think the hardest part of the summer was just a little withdrawal sesh I had upon realizing that my bestfriends/ sisters were not in fact here with me. It was like I just wanted to shutdown because well...no one here really knows me! But that's not how it should be. So I decided to start building relationships with those God has placed around me and it has been good. I still reeallly miss you girls, but I have peace in just knowing the awesome Christ-centered bond we have. I love you all and will continue to pray for you as we continue our own extremellyy unique adventures. : ) 

xoxo, 
Hannah Grace

No comments: