Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some rambling... only read if bored :)

Our beautiful blog is having a sad little dry spell!

Is it okay if I rant for a bit?
I'll take your silence as a yes!

Well, ladies (and gents, should there be any reading this), I'm moving. To Avon Lake. Not right now, exactly, but soon. And to those of you (Hannah) who didn't know this, you're probably thinking, "Wait, this is news?" Actually, I'm moving to an apartment in Avon Lake, over by Drug Mart. An apartment that I haven't seen and can't visualize... maybe I'll Google Earth it! I'll be living there with Jon, and my parents will be living in Hiram, and supposedly weekends will be family time, although we'll see how that works out. I'm partially excited. I hear it's a pretty nice place, and it has a work out room and a pool and all that jazz. But part of me is apprehensive. I was looking forward to moving into a situation that's comfortable, and instead it's unknown, and I guess that's okay. But I'm having trouble processing things from this side of the ocean. I feel like I'll go home and there will be all of these changes like, my family only eats heart healthy food now, and everything will be getting boxed up, and we'll be living in all different places, and Jere will be moving to Chicago, and not to mention that I feel I've changed this summer.

I know, I don't really deserve stability. And I'm sure it will be fine. I just feel shaky going back to America. I have all this confusion about what God has in store for me after graduation, and now I have all this confusion about what is in store for this coming year. I think it was Elisa who I was talking to about how every year for the past several year has held some big life change. AMEN! Sophomore year of High School: move to Avon. Junior ear of High School: move to AL. Senior year of High School: switch to Avon Lake High School/ LCCC. Freshman year of college: move out of home. Sophomore year of college: have world rocked by being an RA/ being called to be a missionary/ graduate a year early. Senior year of college (woah... I'm going to be a senior...): move home, but not really home, move into an apartment with my brother. Post college: mission field (Lord willing). That's a lot of life changes. And part of me thrives on it. I like breaking up the monotony. But being here in Italy has rendered me unable to get any true perspective on what's going on at home and that unstability bothers me a bit.

I don't want to seem melodramatic. I'm not sitting in a corner in Italy crying and singing "Mobile" by Avril Lavigne (Everything's chaaaaaaaaaanging, when I turn around; it's outta my control I'm a mobile...) or anything like that.....

OK. I'm over that topic! ADD's kicking in! This morning, I fell in the shower. Or, more correctly, I fell out of the shower. Extremely embarassing and potentially dangerous situation. I bruised my head, and other than that I'm fine. So, that's how my day went. I jest. My day was fine, other than the falling out of the shower business. I'm getting a little punchy and should probably stop blogging now...

But know that I'm on the Home Stretch here in Italy! Two more weeks! I'm excited about the amount of things I can do in 2 weeks, and also about how soon that will come and I'll be home spooning with Heather ;)
Arrivederci amici!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that was a serious blog, but I have some un-serious comments about it. First, I definitely sang and cried to "Mobile" alllll the time when I moved to AL freshman year. It was my jam. Second, Katie, I feel like I'm just going to crash at your apartment all the time when I'm back home next winter. You might as well just give me a key...:)