Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pray continually: a reminder

#1. It is a very eery thing to be reading the blog and then have the time change on all of those clocks at the same moment. Props to synchronization.

#2. I would just like to share that I am currently sitting at my desk listening to the sounds of the heart of Cleveland (aka sirens) and dressed in business attire. That's right - I'm at my internship! For anyone who is concerned that I'm not doing any work right now, don't worry, it's my "lunch break." :) So now, it's share time! Summer work update thus far: I'm loving this internship. I love...driving to the downtown of an actual city in the mornings, avoiding rush hour traffic (thanks, Dad), dressing up 3 days a week, having a consistent schedule, being given tasks and then being free to complete them at my own pace, working with mature adults, meeting tons of people with awesome stories, being treated like an adult (or being mistaken for one..), learning about the Mission and how much work is always going on, working for a real purpose (I don't count food service as a real purpose), feeling peace about what I am doing, and praying all the time! Seriously, these people are all about prayer and dependency on God for accomplishing his purposes. I actually just got back from a prayer meeting with not only TCM people, but people from churches and other organizations throughout the city who have a passion for sharing God's Word with Cleveland. Really neat. I'm enjoying the actual work that I'm doing, too. It's interesting to me, and I am able to use the skills and brain that God has given me to figure out a way to evaluate these programs. I'm excited to meet more people here and get deeper involved in my project throughout the summer. I just love how God worked everything out to find me an internship this summer that met all of my mental requirements and is encouraging/challenging me spiritually as well!

#3. (I don't know how this turned into a numbered list..) As a result of my internship, and a lot of other influences, God has really been rocking my world lately. Shoot, I'm running out of time on my lunch break, so I won't go into much detail right now...but there is so much on my mind all the time and I'm just getting exhausted emotionally from all of this processing. I'm really busy, for one thing, but I know that everything I am doing this summer God is using to work in me. One major idea is just floating around in my head (I shared some of this with Lisey), and I can't seem to wrap my mind around it fully. Ah, it's just too much for me to try and explain now, but I could definitely use some prayer that I will be able to hear God's voice above everything else. Hopefully I will get a chance to blog more about this later.

Well, I love you all, and I am praying for each of you this summer.

Peace,
Heather

No comments: