Sunday, May 31, 2009

snowflakes in...may?

I guess it's about time I posted something on here. I can't guarantee it will be anything of interest, though. 

New news for Katesters: Exhibit A: I emailed JJ Heller for musical advice with getting started on making albums and whatnot. I didn't really expect a reply, but she emailed me right back with great advice and a request to sing at Cornerstone. Pretty nifty, eh? Exhibit B: So, 'member how we wrote that play about a girl named Kevin and then you saw that other play about a girl named Kevin? Well, Matt and I went to see the Disney Pixar movie Up the other night and this boy finds a bird who he thinks is a boy who he names Kevin. Kevin turns out to be a girl. Getting a little outrageous? I think so. The world is after our brilliant ideas. Look out Snowflakes In April, you're next! (For anyone wondering and curious, Snowflakes In April is a movie Kate and I thought up in our sophomore year. I would tell you the plot, but I don't want any big movie producers to steal that idea, as they so clearly are in the habit of doing.)

For Everyone: I, like Hannah, have been experiencing some rather bizarre moods as of late. (Must be this Avon Lake water.) I don't know what my deal is, but today is a good example. I was perfectly fine this morning (despite suffering the aftermath of a bout of intriguingly strange dreams). I went to my Sunday school class, to church, to lunch with Matt. Somewhere in the middle of lunch my pleasant, or at least unbothered, mood changed to distress. I can't account for it, really, I just felt a weight on my heart and my head like there was some seriously pressing issue I had to deal with; but there wasn't. I went home and journaled for a long time and spent well needed time with the Lord, and realized a few things about myself that I won't blog about, but you can ask me directly if you feel so lead. Even after that though, I really cannot quite account for the sudden change in mood. I might overlook it depending on a few girlish factors or if it were the first time something like this had occurred as of late, but it's been happening probably every other day. I don't know why, I just grow suddenly depressed. My best guess is that it has to do with change. Hannah is moving out and then leaving, Kate's in Rome, Matt's leaving in a week, I'm leaving in two, and, above all, I know there will never be another summer quite like this one. Next summer is bound to bring some bigger changes. 

And on that somber note, I suppose I should stop depressing you all. I need to the reminder every once in a while to actually "live in the moment," or as Paul puts it, to "make the most of every opportunity." So often I stress about the future and miss the glory of the present. Kate, you're right, we speak the same language on this. Hey, I'm visiting Europe this summer--it's time I started to learn a foreign language. 

P.S. Kate--and really everyone--we have a wonderful surprise for you. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In response to the first section of this blog: laughing out loud in an internet caffe= strange looks from Italians.
In response to the middle part: bummer girl. I will pray for you and your swinging moods. I find it funny that now that I am so busy with all this Roma stuff, I find way more time to pray for my friends at home. I guess it makes sense, since I am far away and praying for you all helps me to feel connected and such. On Monday we had a whole day to spend with God (!Magical! You should try it!) and I went through all the photos I brought from home and prayed for everyone in the photos... which means you beady beady ladies got a lot of prayer :)

In response to the end, I can't wait to rendezvous with you in Europe, and it will be here before you know it.

PS it's not nice to leave me hanging like that... ch'è questa surpresa? (What is this surprise?)

Unknown said...

I wondered that same thing - what is the surprise? And then I realized that I already knew. In fact, I took part in the surprise. And then, I chuckled to myself.