Thursday, May 21, 2009

Huzzah for summer!!

Ladies, brace yourselves. We are now officially allowed to enter summer mode. Of course, three of us have been technically "on break" for a week or two now, but the season couldn't start properly with only three of us. So, Heathie, now that you're done, it's time for all of us to whip out the sunblock and start burning! ...And of course pull out the work clothes so we can be responsible adults and make money. Isn't responsibility just great? 

Well, Katesters, I'm sure Rome is gorgeous and I can't wait to hear from you. Praise God all that financial stuff came through for you. Man, the Lord is so faithful isn't he? I mean, even when Satan's doing everything he can to trip us up (like stealing envelopes full of support checks). I know you all know about God's faithfulness, but I for one need a reminder. So at the end of the school year I decided that this summer would FINALLY be the summer that I was going to stick my heels in the ground and stop my going-ness until I got my songs copyrighted and recorded. As it turns out, I am a little less than eager to do this now that summer has actually come by. I don't know what my deal is, ladies. I know that the Lord has given me all of these songs in order to bless others and I know that he wants me to record and that he can't use me or the music he's given me if I don't give him room to do it; but for whatever reason, I'm scared. I don't know what exactly I'm scared of, I'm just scared. I guess I feel a bit like you, Katie, in regard to Rome, how you kept saying that it seemed like Satan was telling you that you'd be much better off staying in Cleveland. I'm letting him get to me, too, because he keeps saying I'd be much better off leaving all this music stuff alone. But all logic, not to mention spirituality, tells me otherwise. I am certain the Lord wants me to move forward in my music, but my hesitancy remains. I need the three of you to push me -even if it's from across the globe- this summer to get going on all this. Would you all do that for me? I need accountability here. God keeps getting on my case, bringing up verses like James 1:22 to me--"Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves. DO what it says." My faith should be about action, not about what I think I know. I've just been coming to grips with this; God's known all along. 

So, since God has a sense of humor, I will leave you with lyrics he gave me a while back. Fitting, don't you think? (Oh Jesus, you must be laughing at me.)

I won't hide anymore from the Lord
I will look my fear in the eye 
And rely on my God 
I won't hide anymore from the Lord
I won't shy away when he calls
I will follow his voice
I won't hide

No comments: