Thursday, June 11, 2009

:)

So, a few days ago I wrote out a post... but it's kind of philisophical, and to be honest, I don't feel like posting it right now!
So I'm going to post a random hodge-podge of thoughts instead!
Want to hear something strange? Two nights ago, I dreamt that my dad died. Freaky. I got really stressed, and wanted to call home immediately, but then I convinced myself that I was being silly and that everything was probably fine. Just now, I got an e-mail from my dad. He was in the hospital for the past two days and got a heart cath and two stents put in... whatever that means! Dreams are so bizarre... Elisa, I will never doubt you again when you take a dream seriously...

On another note, I can't believe how fast time is flying here in Rome! My time here is almost HALF over! I feel like I just got here, but at the same time, I feel like I've been here forever. I think there is danger in having the mentality that I live here in Rome for two months, because I don't have the same urgency that I would if I were on vacation to buy gifts and see all the sights. There is so much to see and do here... I haven't even begun! I still want to go see the bone chapel....... Elisa, I think you'll probably get to go there with the Bennetches. If I can manage, I'd like to go to Naples, eat some of the world's best pizza, and go see Vesuvius and Pompei! That could end up costing more money than I have, but the Bennetches encouraged me to not let money be the reason that I miss seeing that particular sight.

And, final random insight into my life: I feel like my relationship with God is the most normal it has ever been, which I realize is sort of a paradoxical statement. I don't feel like I am on any particular spiritual high, but I don't feel distant from God. I feel like I'm walking with God and like it is the most natural thing in the world. And it feels awesome! And I am loving every second of talking to Italians! I can't wait to be home and see everyone, but at the same time, I don't know that I'll want to leave!

Alright, I'm headed off to a game night with some Italian friends!

Love,

Kate

No comments: