Friday, June 19, 2009

Quicky from Eger!

LADIES!!!

K, I have like 15 minutes, so I am going fast on this messed up keyboard. So Im in the countryside of Hungary right now and its beautiful!! The town we're in is unbelievabe. Its so cool with shops and old churches and lots of good Hungarian food and nice people! I honestly cant explain it without pictures. Lets just say our hotel is insanely cute - there are only 5 rooms, there is live music (i.e. violins and an upright bass) every night, and it is overlooked by a castle. Enough said.

We head back to Budapest tomorrow and then to Rome on Sunday! Best things about the trip so far: eating szulina (that grease bread from our family reunion) in a Hungarian family's backyard; dancing with a 50 year old Hungarian dancer; and going to a labyrinth underneath an old castle, which was both creepy and sweet at the same time. Of course, the trip does have its cons. You know how family vacations stay nuclear family-like for, oh, about 5 minutes? This one is no different. We're not at each other's throats by any means, but many an eye has been rolled, many a "did you ACTUALLY just say that??" has been said, and several mornings have begun with seriously angry faces due to our close quarters and not great whispering skills. Honestly, for the most part it's been great to be here with family though. It's especially nice to see my brother and sister so much. All in all, it's pretty great.

Moving on to you busy ladies...Heathie, I miss you so much and feel so badly that you're alone. Stay strong, sister, I'm certainly still thinking of you =) Kate, praying for you daily, especially in your last day or so in Roma. I cannot WAIT to see you! Hope your sunbunrn is better. Thats awful sounding. Hannah GRACE, where have you been?? Right, Mexico. Well, I need to talk with you at least via email. I feel like its been aaages. We can keep in better touch when I am in the US at least hopefully.

Ok there is a Hungarian swing song playing right now. I think it's supposed to be Rockin' Robin actually. Wow.

Well now that I know how to say good-bye, Veszunlatashra (um, soooo long and sooo not how you spell it). I love you all so much!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lisey, I miss you. There is so much that I NEED to talk with you about...yeah. We need a sleepover when you get home. :)