Monday, June 22, 2009

Loving Life in Ohio

[Warning: this blog will be very scattered, because I am very tired and also I will be periodically stopping to do some work...]

Okay, so I feel a little bit like I am the only one posting blogs here, but then I realized that out of all of us...I have the most free time on my hands. More like - I have the most access to the internet, I honestly don't have "free time," but more about that later. I miss you ladies. A lot. If anything, this summer has made me gain even more of an appreciation for my friendship with each of you, and I'm just excited for our reunion!

Really though, you shouldn't feel too badly for leaving me. I just like giving you a hard time, but I honestly have not had a moment of boredom or even time to relax for the past 3 weeks. Since I started my job at Five Seasons, I am constantly on the go. I have to plan down time, and even that is proving to be a challenge. Do you know what I found out? I actually do have some friends around here this summer! :) It was such a pleasant surprise. Haha. Oh and another thing - I decided to quit my internship at the medical research center. I went the past two weeks, but I really didn't feel like I was learning anything...and I just don't have the time for it right now. I sent them an email this morning, and whew, it feels good to have that commitment off my back. So now, I have one day a week this summer that I can sleep in! I'm so thrilled.

I apologize if it sounds like I am complaining about my summer. I don't mean to, and I seriously am enjoying it! Have I told you how much I like bartending? (I'm sorry if that offends any of our readers...) When it's nice outside, we get busy and it's really fun to work out at the tiki bar! It turns out that I actually like bartending more than working in the cafe. Hm, maybe I could make a profession out of it...just kidding. The only bad part of working at the tiki bar is that we have to wear the UGLIEST Hawaiian shirts ever. Have I told you about these ugly shirts already? I feel like maybe I have. Anyway, they're hideous. But despite the shirts, I am meeting quite an interesting crowd of people - both customers and co-workers - and that makes work fun! :)

Well, I guess that's the latest update in my exciting Ohioan life. I hope you all are having some adventures in my honor.

Uds son las mujeres de mi corazon y se amo mucho! Vengan a casa pronto!

Peace,
Heather Grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So they ARE making you wear the shirts. Very interesting... When I get home, am I allowed to sneak in to see you sportin' it? How about a private runway show? :) I love you, Heathie! Can't wait to catch up in a week!