Saturday, August 1, 2009

You came to take us, all things go...To recreate us, all things grow.

Hello from the windy city!
I am currently sitting in Panera downtown Chicago for my "layover" between buses. It has been a very pleasant day so far. I didn't get much sleep last night, but I was able to nap quite a bit during my 6 hour ride to Chicago AND I got 2 homework assignments done today! Woo-hoo. For those of you who don't know, I am taking a summer class online and am quite a bit behind on my homework...big shocker there. :) Now I just have a couple more hours before my next bus ride and then I will finally be in Minneapolis! Needless to say, I am very excited. 

Yesterday was my final day at The City Mission and at the country club. I was pretty sad about leaving the mission and pretty happy to be done with the club! After my very work-filled summer, I am just ready to have a week to relax and spend time with old friends. Once I get home from MN, I only have 4 days until I move in to my apartment at school!! Wow, I can't believe how fast this summer has gone. I know I keep saying this, but I honestly feel like it has been the fastest one ever. Maybe it's because the end of college is approaching so quickly and in the back of my mind there is the constant FUTURE?! thought. Maybe. Anyway, I don't have any deep philosophical questions to ponder today, I just felt like blogging a little about my super thrilling(?) life. 

Sisters, I am so encouraged by my talks with each of you this summer. It seems like God is really laying some deep lessons on our hearts and I am so thankful that we are able to support each other through it all. I'm looking forward to talking with Lisey and Hannah in person, because I am sure there will be much to say! And Katie, I am so thankful that I could see you this past week - even if it was only for a short amount of time. :) I love you all.

Heather

No comments: