Friday, August 21, 2009

My cup overfloweth

Well since I am in a new home, working a new (sort of) job, and at a fairly new place in life, I figured it was time for me to blog. Let me start out by saying I feel happier than I have felt in a very long time. It's not that I was unhappy before, but for the past few weeks, I have woken up every day filled with an irresistible joy and excitement for the day and for the future. This is big: I am finally not worrying about the future. Lately, I have been trying really hard to submit my plans to God. I still am not sure what I will do after I graduate (although I do have a little better idea), but I think I am finally feeling peace about it. The future is huge and bright and scary and full of promise all at the same time. But I finally realized...how awesome is it that the future is not in my control? Thank GOD that it does not all depend on me and my choices. I am sure that if it was up to me, I would mess it up big time. But you know what? I fully trust that God has an incredible adventure planned for me. I hope this doesn't sound conceited or prideful, like I think I deserve some really fantastic life - that's not it at all. In fact, I am certain that my life will not be easy or comfortable, which is honestly fine by me. I just truly believe that if I submit my will to His, then He will lead me through some incredible life experiences, because He loves me. He knows what I can handle, what will break me, when I need to be broken, and how to help me pick up the pieces. God has brought people into my life who love Him and love me enough to make sure I don't lose my mind or my faith. And to you, those people, I am forever thankful! I hope you know who you are.

I guess I'm just feeling overwhelmed with some pretty strong emotions right now. The main emotion is thankfulness. I'm thankful for people, for God's timing, for the fact that I can be completely dependent on Him and that I don't need to try life alone. Whew. I have been very blessed, and I don't know why God chose to give me all that He has given. I just know that I need to accept it with humility. Pride vs. humility - that is another whole lesson right there, one that I need to continually work on...

Anyway, I hope you were at least a little encouraged by my ramblings. I am pretty much overflowing with thoughts and feelings all swirling around in my head. Hopefully I can share some more of them with you all in person very soon!

Love always,
Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather girl, I love you so much. And I am absolutely certain that God DOES have adventurous and wonderful plans for you, if nothing else because he created you to be an adventurous and wonderful person and will undoubtedly gratify that to the fullest. Wherever he leads you, just try to remember your sisters back home :) I cannot WAIT to see you!