Thursday, August 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATE! now let's get movin'.

Kate, it is officially your GOLDEN birthday today! Congrats on finally getting the opportunity to stop lying about your age (don't be take it too personally--Matt said the same thing to me).

To everyone who is not having a birthday today, aloha, and welcome to your normal day. Does anyone find that it's really easy for time to fly past when you have a day off? I have just a few days before I go back to school, in which I need to do the following: shop for apartment necessities; pack; read two books; write a five page paper; pack; copyright my music; paint my room; meet with various friends; pack; go to the bank so I can be reminded just how much my account has been depleted since I paid my tuition check; call a few key Cornerstone people; prepare for being a Sherpa; right, and I still have to pack. I know it doesn't actually seem like this stuff should be overwhelmingly difficult, but let me give you an idea of how I spend my time on the days I have off that I should probably be doing all this. This is what I've done so far (not necessarily in this order) yesterday and today (free days): took all of the things out from under my bed; was overcome by an allergy attack due to all the dust in my room; organized all of my crafts; accidentally led the Talmage dog into the pool; watched 6 episodes of Boy Meets World; read my Bible aloud; read the Message aloud; went on facebook; talked to Heather; saw Harry Potter 6; ate pizza; tried on clothes (not new clothes, just clothes in my closet--who does this?); went through every old graduation card I received two years ago and found five dollars; went through every other birthday card I've acquired over the last 12 years because I have pathetically kept them all to provide some sort of pick-me-up as a 20 year-old, as if the same note to my 8 year-old self would now apply; dreamed something about Hannah. I will inevitably continue dawdling (as I am now) until Wednesday, the day before I leave, when I stay up 'til obscene hours in the night, muttering to myself about how I never have time to finish all I need to. I've got plenty of time. Why is it so hard to fill it productively?

Well, that's about it with Elisa for now. If anyone wants to call and make sure I'm on task, it'd be much appreciated. My mother and I are increasingly convinced that we both suffer from severe Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. God help us all--and maybe send some Ritalin.

2 comments:

Hannah Grace said...

Wait, you dreamed something about me? Did I read that correctly? I bet it was a verry odd dream. haha

Unknown said...

Elisa, your honesty warms my heart. Trust me, we ALL do that, and I know exactly how you feel! I'm honored that you took time to call me in the midst of the madness. ;)

But seriously, I am.