Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A question mark for each of us

WHOA! What the heck happened? Where did all these blogs come from? I feel like I have to write one just to fit in! Yesterday morning I was about to post something that said "where are my beadies?" due to the lack of activity. Ironic.

I thought I'd respond to you all at once instead of writing individual comments. (Maybe that sounds rude or something, but time is hard to come by these days...) I am going to go in descending order from top to bottom of our blog.

Hannah Grace. I don't like this new Hannah. She doesn't sound fun or energized or exceptionally happy. She doesn't sound like my sister who tells me stories that are so crazy I think "this would be a lie if anyone else told it," or who has crazy dance parties or who likes to cuddle and sleep. I wish I could just hold onto you for a whole day and cry with you and sew up your wounded heart (ok, I'd pass out if I did that, but you get the imagery). We need to talk soon. I can't wait to be home with you, my love.
Oh, and as for cutting your hair, don't do it yet. I want one last look at your beautiful locks :)

Kate Elizabeth. I really appreciated your post. How very unhelpful it is when people try to lighten the subject of death by "relating," when really all they're doing is tearing you up into smaller pieces by telling you it's no big deal, therefore suggesting your soul has no right to mourn. You're at the funeral today, and I am praying for you and your whole family. May God be glorified through all of this, and may he give you strength unknown. We're all here for you in any way you need, Kate. Death is more than just "bad news." It's soul tearing.

Heather Grace. You are not making me look forward to the job hunt...On a lighter note, I can't wait till you're home. Answer your phone once in a while! Like I said for Hannah, I wish I could just cuddle with you. I feel like all four of us are one big pile of stress and subjugation right now, and it's not becoming to any of us. Why is Christ's call not to worry about anything so incredibly hard to reach? You'll find a job, Heathie. Keep on truckin', you're almost home. And thank God!

Elisa Lynne. I am in an extremely uncomfortable, terrifying and stressful place with a friend at school. I cannot divulge more, but my friend (and I as well) really need all of your prayers. It's literally come to a matter of life and death. I continue to ask myself, to ask God, "Why does everything have to happen all at once?" So far, I haven't gotten an answer. And yet at the end of the day, all I can say is, "God, you are sovereign. You are unsurprised. You are always Good."

I love you all so deeply. Take care my precious sisters.

I wait for you, O Lord;
you will answer, O Lord my God
O Lord, do not forsake me;
be not far from me, O God.
Come quickly to help me,
O Lord my Savior.

-Psalm 38:15, 21, 22

~elisa

No comments: