Tuesday, March 31, 2009

'no matter how the wind may blow, it cannot shake the sun'

So I go off this thing for one day. ONE day and there's three new posts, a name change and acid trippy pictures. We have even more time on our hands than I thought...

About the name. I know we're officially "Beady Beady Sisterhood" and I'm down with that, even though I'm pretty sure you have all at one point or another felt my disdain for that ridiculous pants story (if you haven't felt it yet, now you have). But can we keep the top of the page saying just "beady beady"? I think it looks cool. I like the picture that's already there, by the way Kate, but the new ones are cool too. Doesn't matter really so long as we keep in touch. 

So everyone is going through a mile of sandpaper in rough patches it would seem. It's crazy how things all seem to happen at once. But I'm learning that these are just a few more opportunities to learn discipline at its hardest. What I mean by that is when things get crazy, God is the first to go on my to-do list. When everything is chaotic, it's a reminder to keep Him at the top anyway. Easier said than done, right?

So what's new with me? I'm discovering more and more depressing facts about Cornerstone students having absurd amounts of sex and drinking on the weekends. I'm bracing myself for next week's work load which ought to be just short of torturous death. And I'm working on being optimistic because I've obviously got the drama thing down already. You know, pessimism is a really impractical thing. Frankly, it is a big waste of time. What is there to gain by worrying? What is there to gain by thinking, "my life sucks right now--it's just too hard"? Pity? That's real lasting. Not to turn up my nose to anyone who ever suffers--I have my share of hardship right now. But I guess I'm reevaluating my attitude toward life. And of course it's being regurgitated all over you three because I can't stop writing once I start and because I have acid reflux. 

Sorry for the lack of brevity. Did I apologize for that last time? I would venture to guess I'll do that a lot on here. I'm such a writer weirdo. Speaking of which, check out this article I wrote. It's an awesome story. http://www.mnnonline.org/article/12486. You should also all read "Real Sex" by Lauren Winner. It's awesome so far.

I love you all so much! Heather, I can't wait to see you!! Kate, you're almost done, and in the meantime, give yourself a break every once in a while. Hannah Grace, stay away from your bus driver. That guy's whack. 

P.S. I love you.
P.P.S. Just Kidding
P.P.P.S. Just kidding about the movie reference, not about the love. I do love you all. Ok. Done now. 

1 comment:

Segoldengirl said...

thats a really good book. glad you're reading it! i learned a LOT from it even though i'm hitched... :)