Sunday, June 6, 2010

Married Life: the first 2 weeks

Hey Beady sisses! I'm glad to finally be back on here. It's at least one way I can communicate with you all when I miss you girls so much it hurts. I've been on this new adventure for two weeks and haven't had the chance to share any of it with any of you. I owe each of you a phone call soon. Not even so much "owe" as I'm going to go nuts if I don't at least talk to you girls soon.

Well, the wedding day was a blur. I had a blast, but I feel like I hardly saw any of you at all, even you, Hannah, and you were in it. I wish all three of you could have been in the wedding party. Whenever I saw you, Kate and Heathie, throughout the day, I felt like, "this doesn't seem right. They should be at this 'head table' with me too." I don't know if I ever really apologized to you girls for that. There was just no way Matt was going to scrounge up 2 more guys that were close enough for him to be worth having in the wedding though. I loved my party, but it would've been all the more wonderful if you two could've joined. But I suppose that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, marriage has been a joy so far. I think Matt and I are both even weirder when we're living together, which I think is a good thing--that we're both weird, I mean. (If I was the only one dancing ridiculously in the kitchen, it'd just be no fun.) It's funny, marriage seems so natural. In a lot of ways it feels so perfect that things must have always been this way, like it's impossible that there was I time when I didn't fall asleep next to the man of my dreams. So brace yourself, Heathie, for the best part of your life! I can already tell that marriage won't be easy, but the joys that come with it are guaranteed to outweigh even the worst of trials. Honestly, it doesn't seem fair that I get to be this happy!

We've already run into some bumps. The first day we got here, we discovered that we would only have a one bedroom apartment, our mattress wasn't delivered so we had to sleep on the floor, and we realized at about 10:30pm that we had no food to eat for lunch the next day. Honestly, it was one of the best days of my life. Even the annoying things are fun with Matt. I love married life!

Well, I'd better peace out for now. Matt's got to set up our router so we can have wireless internet. Woohoo! Well, call me some time this week girlies! I've got a home phone number now that I'll have to email you all, but just stick with the cell for now. I hope all of your summers are going wonderfully and I miss you all a ton! (Married life may be a blast, but I have no girls around!)

Peace and blessings. Peace and blessings.
:)

No comments: