Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chchchch-changes!

Okay, I honestly haven't checked this blog in weeks, so I had no idea that people were actually updating! I was pleasantly surprised to find blogs from all of you since I had last checked. Yay. Now to update you on my life...that is not an easy task. There are so many changes occurring right now that I don't even know where to begin. It seems like my life has not settled into a routine since I graduated college! Just when I thought a pattern may be developing, big changes happened again (neither of which I am complaining about). First, as most readers already know, I got engaged!! I am completely thrilled to be marrying the guy I've had feelings for since the 8th grade (which seems to be a trend around here...watch out Kate and Hannah). :) Gosh it feels good to be getting ready to marry him. But, of course along with that comes the stress of wedding planning. Every one of my friends who got married in the last couple years prepared me for this, and yet I haven't felt quite as overwhelmed as many of them seemed to be - with the exception being every time I look at The Knot website! According to The Knot, I have only completed 37 of my 152 "to do" list. Awesome, thanks for making me feel even more behind. Anyhoo, I am happy to say that despite The Knot's opinion, I feel fairly on top of the wedding planning. Toby and I are working on our registry this week, which is pretty fun, but has made me realize how little I have thought about the design for our future apartment. It would be nice if one of us had a strong opinion about lamps or blenders...

Another big piece of news is: I am switching jobs! Lisey, you don't know that yet, but I was planning on telling you when we finally stop playing phone tag. I know I've only been at my current job for two months, but last week I got called from a place where I interviewed in March that was not hiring at the time of my interview. They called and offered me a job right then and there! It's with a different mental health organization, and the job is a combination of social work and psychology. I will have a caseload consisting of clients with a wide range of needs, and I will work with them individually on issues like: job training, communication, social skills, mental health issues, parenting, finances, etc. This job is a Monday through Friday 9-5 job (as opposed to my ridiculously unpredictable schedule now), it pays more, has better benefits, and the work is a lot more in line with what I want to do. My current job has been fine, I don't hate it, but since I completed training and started the actual job - I realized that it's pretty boring. Aside from Sundays when I am at the residential center, I am only at the worksites "supervising" janitors who already know what they're doing and rarely have any issues. I basically get paid to sit online, play solitaire, and occasionally walk around the building and check in with people. I know, I know - some people would love getting paid to do nothing, but it just isn't my dream job, and this new offer was too good to pass up. I start my new job on June 21!

Well, that's the news update for now. Call me, beadies, if you want to chat more in depth. I miss you like crazy.

Love you all,
Heather Grace

No comments: