Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pondering the future, yet again

Wow, I have been so encouraged/convicted by your posts recently. Thank you, ladies, for sharing your hearts so openly with us. I feel like I've been avoiding reading our blog lately, because I convinced myself that I didn't have the "time" to sit down and really read through and then reply to it. However, I finally did just that, and I am so glad I did! God sure knows what he is doing. I feel like everything I am experiencing - every conversation, every speaker I hear, everything I read, discussions in class, and now the thoughts of my dear sisters - God is using it all to speak to me. There is SO much going on in my heart and mind right now (and for the past year, basically), and it's finally getting close to decision time. The FUTURE. It's so quickly turning into the PRESENT that I don't quite know what to do with it. In just four months, I will be a college graduate and I will be faced with a major decision: what the heck am I going to do with my life?! I realize that in 3.5 years of college plus 4 years of high school, I should have a little clearer idea of the answer to this question, and yet, I do not. However, there are a few things that I am sure of in regards to my future career, and here they are:

1. I want to either directly or indirectly work to help people who cannot help themselves.
2. I have a specific passion for working with women (teenagers and up).
3. I would like to somehow incorporate Spanish into my job.
4. I want a job that will challenge me intellectually, spiritually, and mentally.
5. I want a job that will push me out of my comfort zone.
6. Money is very low on my priority list.
7. I am open to whatever way God wants to use me.

So, if anyone is aware of a way that all of those can go together and provide me with health insurance, please let me know! :)

It was wonderful to spend last weekend with Elisa (we missed you, Katesters and Twin), but it also made me feel a little sad. It is very unlikely that any of us will live in the same place ever again. Sorry if this is going to depress anyone. I have been very blessed with friendships that are full of love, support, encouragement, and challenge - and I'm just starting to fully realize how rare those kind of friendships are. It is my prayer that we will remain lifelong friends, and based on our track record, I'm pretty certain that distance will not put a damper on our friendship. But honestly, life is big and scary, and pretty soon we will all be very spread out! Bah, I'm not ready to think deeply about this yet. Just know that I am SO thankful for each of you and I love you very much!

Well, I better get going and get ahold of my rather scattered thoughts. I pray you all have a fantastic week.

En Jesus Cristo,
Heather Grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed that girl I know in Minnesota. No response yet. I know God's got something big for you. I love you so much! Thanks for visiting :)

Unknown said...

thought of you when I read this article :)
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/magazine/current-issue/?page=75
It will mostly just make you laugh, but who knows, it might inspire you!

Heathie... just the fact that you have that little list of things that you want is such a big step... you know more than you think you do, and God knows exactly where he wants you. I hate to sound cheesy, and like my mom, but have you gone to career services at your school?

I love you! And I can't wait to see you!