Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Update from the Mrs.

Buenos noches, mis amores! Good evening from your newly married Minnesotan Beady. I think it's time for an update, what with all of the big changes going on around here...

First of all, thank you each for coming to my wedding!! I was pretty bummed at how short the night went and how little I got to talk with you ladies, but I guess there was no way to prevent that. Seriously, it meant so much to me (and Toby) that you each were able to come. Gosh, I can't even describe how I felt that entire day, being surrounded by everyone I love and wanting to talk to everyone individually, yet unable to do that. It was so amazing to be surrounded with that love and just to see everybody together in one place. :) Anyway, I've talked to all of you on the phone since then and updated you on wedding/honeymoon/newlywed business, but I thought I would share a few other things with you here.

Since we got back from our honeymoon, I have actually enjoyed my job! It has only been a week and a half of work since then, but I think I have finally figured out how to DO my job. I have learned how to schedule clients so that I am home by a normal hour (instead of 7 or 8 like I had been) and still get paid for a full-time week. I have learned how to NOT answer my cellphone when it is work-related once I get home for the night. I have learned how to separate my personal emotions from the stories my clients tell me, even though they can be extremely depressing. (Okay, so I haven't figured out how to do this completely...but at least I don't come home crying as much anymore!) And I'm starting to build good relationships with my clients. At least four of them in the last week have told me how much I am helping them and how much they like me. :) I have to say it is really nice to get some feedback at work, because I receive absolutely none from anyone else.

Other good news: Toby quit his job at Applebee's and we will now be able to actually spend evenings together - for the first time ever! He is working his very last shift tonight, and we both are thrilled. :) He started working one internship as an assistant to the middle school youth pastor, and that seems to be going well so far. Toby is waiting to hear back about an internship at another church, but we are very hopeful that he will get it! And if not, we'll just keep on looking...

Married life is great. I absolutely love coming home from work to be a wife and spend time in *our* apartment together. It's so nice to live in space that is just mine and Toby's, and not to worry about using other people's things or sharing furniture or bills or anything! It's crazy to think about the fact that I am a real adult - working full time to make money to buy everything I need and pay for all my expenses. I know many of my friends have been doing these things already for awhile now (and I guess I've been doing this for the past 5 months or so), but it's still strange to think about. When did I become an adult? Is it permanent? :)

Alright, well I guess I should go write some wedding thank-you's. Feel free to call/email/Skype me anytime, because I miss you girls a lot. Oh yeah, and let me know your plans for Christmas, because Toby and I are planning our Ohio trip and need to know when to come!

Love,
Heather Grace

No comments: