Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Beady Beady-versary!

So, today is, as you know, our 1 year anniversary. When I think about all that has happened since we started this blog, it seems like way more than a year has gone by. Can I get an amen?

Well, there's a lot going on in my life, most of which I don't feel like trying to explain here. So instead, this post will be more a tribute to the original purpose of the blog: to involve each other in the mundane happenings of our lives.

So, I'm going to share my spring cleaning day adventures. (What does it say about my life that I get this excited about.... cleaning?!) I took the whole day today (except for the 4 hours that I went to class) to spring clean, since it's spring, and since my space was feeling over cluttered and messy.

Things I've found:
10 pence, a couple euros and 1000 lira
old gift cards (some never used!)
piles of business cards (I've got connections, baby!)
tracts. lots and lots of tracts.
clothes/ accessories that I forgot I had that are really cute!


Things I'm getting rid of:
lots and lots of clothes
the binary clock I got for Christmas
holey socks, unmatched socks, ugly socks
my growing collection of origami cranes made from junk mail. the products of my boredom no longer need to consume my desk.
mostly empty bottles of things: nail polish, lotion, perfume, etc.

Things I'm doing:
re-alphabetizing my books. the color code system is aesthetically pleasing, but is not very practical.
dusting: my least favorite chore. but oh, my room needed it.
making places for future garage sale items. I'm cooking up ideas for a ginormous garage sale missions fundraiser... get excited!
finding books to sell on amazon.
giving things a new place in my dresser.


Now, you know that I'm not a super neat person. I never will be. But, I do have to say that my spring cleaning day has been productive and even fun! Also, it feels really good to deep clean once in a while. Next up, spring cleaning for my soul. Right after a massive effort to catch up on a year's worth of homework in one week.

All my beady love,
Kate



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You cleaned?! Katie, I'm so proud of you.

Also, AMEN.