Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Everlasting.

What an awful feeling to lay in bed at night going over the day in your head and suddenly feel sick to your stomach when you realize that God was in no way a part of it. Yes, God is omnipresent and therefore always with me, but just because someONE is there...doesn't mean you will recognize them. Wow, what selfish beings we are. I know I'm not the only one who goes through this, but that definitely does not lighten the fact.
I truly have been seeking and yearning for time with the Lord. It's (not too be ironic, seeing as how I'm sick alllll of the time) literally the medicine I really need. How easy is it to get completely wrapped up in our own lives, and quickly find that though you may have accomplished a lot that day...the way you went about accomplishing those things might not have been glorifying to God? That though blows me away. I could work my butt of in school all day, and yet God very well may not be glorified through it. In ways He is, because I am doing my very best and what not, but if I'm sacrificing God as even a thought while I am doing it...then it's no good. I want to be in constant prayer with God, not just pray when I need something or randomly think of someone else...but always. From the moment I wake up, to the moment I fall asleep I love the idea that I could be praising God. What a comfort to know that there is someone who is always there with you! Who never leaves you! His love endures FOREVER...it's everlasting. That fact alone, should help me never to complain again about anything.
Twin! Cant wait for you to come home! And Elisa I hope you are well and I am looking forward to chatting with you on the phone sometime! : ) Katesters...you know you love your Jezasheeba. ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah Grace, what you need is a garden. Time alone with God IS the perfect remedy--I was finally able to get that tonight when I headed across the street to the beautiful Fredrick Meijer gardens. Something inexplicable happens when I'm around that much nature and that much quiet--I can't help but worship God. I wish I could drive down, get you, drive back and plop you (yep, said plop) in the middle of those gardens. They're so beautiful. Such a good reminder of God's, well, bigness. But it looks like you've gotten to that place even just through blogging. I'm praying for you, sis, and I hope you find some time with the Lord soon. I am right with you when it comes to lying in bed realizing what a selfish person you've been all day. No fun at all. Praise God that he's gracious anyway and that his days are never selfish.

I love you so much, Hannah Grace. Can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Your post inspired me to go have a long time with the Lord, and only with the Lord. Much needed sister. Thanks. Glad to hear you are as in awe of his love as I am right now.

See you in the am, Jezesheba ;)

Unknown said...

Story of my life.
Again, another reason why we are twins...